Pasture Mix Seed

mercredi 5 avril 2017

I have a small pasture, around 10 acres, that we have feed cows on for several years and it has gotten pretty rough.  When we move the cows off it this spring I am going to spray it with a non-selective herbicide and work it down to smooth it out, then reseed.  I have been looking at some of the pasture seed mixes and have pretty much managed to get myself confused in the process.

 

I have pulled a soil map and it is about 85% Purchase-Loring Complex and 15% Loring-Silt Loam, with slopes of about 2% to 10%.  I am wanting to stay away from tall fescue as much as possible, due to endophyte toxicity, and not being sure how well a non-endophyte tall fescue will persist.

 

I have looked at some mixes from Heritage Seeds, specifically their Horse Range Pasture Mix, La Crosse Seeds and their Forage First Grass Master, and Best Forage with a modified version of their Beefmaster Pasture Mix, replacing the non-edophyte fescue with the BarOptima Plus E34.

 

Can someone please help me make heads or tails of these options?

 

Thanks



Pasture Mix Seed

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire