Alfalfa - Round Bales

dimanche 18 octobre 2015

I appreciate everyone's replies on my spring planting of alfalfa.

When we clear cut our old pasture, not only did we make flat ground available for potential hay fields, but some hilly areas too. When I say hilly, safe for a tractor to be on, but probably to steep to pull or load a wagon with squares - in that I could see the stack falling off one side or worse yet, pushing the tractor/baler/wagon down the hill.

We don't want to let these hilly pastures return to woods or just wilderness/brush, at minimum, they will be bush hogged.

What I'd like to consider is making round bales on these areas.

Set me straight if I'm wrong, but I gather the highest dollar hay is alfalfa. Around here, grass hay round bales are not profitable. But what about round bales of alfalfa?

I've got enough tractor for 4x4 round bales. Do you feel there's a demand for 4x4 round bales of alfalfa?

Thanks!
Bill

Alfalfa - Round Bales

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire