Hay Guard- First year review - Welcome advice/reviews

dimanche 18 octobre 2015

Good evening Gents,

 

Bought a 575 New Holland at the beginning of this year to replace my Massey 124. (which is for sale btw lol)  First time I had a spray system on a baler. Heard a lot of good things about propionic but got convinced to try out Hay Guard. Plus prop has that awful smell. So I ran Hay Guard throughout this season. Seemed to accomplish its goal. Baled some at 25-30% and didn't mold. Doesn't have that 'just baled' smell when you break it open a few months later as I have heard some reviews on prop has. Which, not a big deal. My concern right now: I just baled the last for the year and started cleaning up the baler to put her up for the winter. Air blow-Powerwash-Grease-Coat in diesel fuel etc... I pulled off the nozzle(s) housing and noticed a decent amount of (salt) buildup from the spray. Now Propionic makes surface rust, but salt eats equipment alive. I was told this is a "non-corrosive" product. But I am coming into the mindset that I was fed a bunch of malarkey.. The spray can work great but if it corrodes my equipment, well we all know we cant be having that. Any similar experiences. Sidenote: Still in first decade of taking over grandpas farm. Call me green if you will. Mainly bale alfalfa and grass hay for horse market, feed a few cattle to get rid of the lower quality stuff.



Hay Guard- First year review - Welcome advice/reviews

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire