Brought home a new toy! (That needs a little work)

samedi 24 octobre 2015

Went to a local auction this morning for a small dairy farm that was going out of business.  Had a mix of older equipment that was worn out and some newer stuff that was in nice shape.  I was mainly interested in the CaseIH 8312 mower that was there, but also kept an eye on the JD 4230 as well.  The mower was in decent shape, but there was some sheet metal that needed to be patched and the safety skirt was pretty ripped up.  I ended up going for a little more than I was willing to spend given it's condition.  The 4230 appeared to be in nice shape with only a few dings here and there, no serious leaks and one rear tire that's a little worn on the sidewall.  Managed to pick it up for $7k.

 

Only possible serious problem I've found so far came when I started driving it home. The hi/low shift to go between 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th doesnt' work.  The tractor makes no reaction at all when you move the shift lever, so I'm hoping it's just a disconnected link or something like that.  Drives fine other than that.

 

To top things off, one of the other guys there noticed my interest in the mower and let me know that he has the same mower (he says it's in nicer shape) that he'll sell me for what my last bid was.  His mower is a drawbar hitch style but he said he does have a 2pt swivel hitch off of an 8315 that he thinks will fit it.  I checked the CNH parts website and it looks like both hitches take the same bushings.  Does anyone know for sure if you can swap the hitches out?  I could live with the drawbar hookup, but the swivel would be nice.

 

IMG_0899.JPG IMG_0900.JPG IMG_0901.JPG IMG_0902.JPG



Brought home a new toy! (That needs a little work)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire