Round Baler - Down to 1 brand, 2 choices. What would you do???

mercredi 28 octobre 2015

I've decided to get a different Round Baler.  99% of balers are 5x6 here in central Nebraska, just to let you know.  We bale around 1,500 bales (1,200 #'s/bale).  I sell about 750 ton.  About all we do is hay, I have converted almost all my row crop to hay.  Alfalfa, Oat hay, Teff, Meadow/Prairie Hay.

 

Reasons for purchase:  

 

  • I've got customers that want the net wrap, as well as my hay mover has stated he has customers wanting net wrap.  
  • Speed up the time in the field actually baling.  
  • Better ability to handle 1st cutting hay that's gotten rained on, then the windrows turned causing feed problems with my current baler ( I have rotary and V-rake).  I still had trouble baling this year with rained on hay and the windrows were turned with the rotary. 
  • Reliability  - my current baler is 20 years old with approx. 25,000 bales in it.  Spent $2,000 in repairs this year.  I will keep it as the price/market for it is around $2,000.  I works fine and we'll continue to use it on grass hay for our own use.

 

I'm not going to name the brand right now, maybe later.  Doesn't matter to me.  I'm just looking at the numbers and want a fresh set of thoughts.

 

Baler #1

 

Brand New 2016 model, twine/net

2 year warranty

$42,500   - firm.

 

Baler #2

 

4 year old, same make as new baler, one model older twine/net

no warranty

4,000 bales through it

tin work is excellent, 

overall condition very good

will need about $1,000 in update on a chain/sprocket area

$25,000 cash

 

Dealer is about 60 miles away, but does ship parts to my door.  Very accommodating small family owned dealership.

 

Lastly, I can write a check for either, but will still be making payments.  I'm willing to buy either.

 

So let's hear your thoughts/questions.

 

Thanks for your time.

 

Troy



Round Baler - Down to 1 brand, 2 choices. What would you do???

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire