Whats the future look like for New Holland/CNH?

dimanche 18 octobre 2015

New Holland was founded 20 minutes from me. The engineering and hay tools plant is still in operation there. This is/was NH hay equipment territory through and through. New Holland skidsteers were on virtually every farm. It seams since Fiat took over the deal things have really been going south. Their 200 series skidsteers that came out in 2011 were a disaster. That left many farmers in the area going to another brand. I have an engineer friend in the combine group. He said it feels like Fiat is just trying to blead it dry.

     In the past I would have only considered NH hay equipment but I am really having second thoughts about that attitude. Maybe all the other players stepped up their game and are giving NH a run for their money because it just doesnt seam like NH has a hands down better product like it used to be...

    Then there is the spare parts, which got me thinking about this today...I bought a brand new knotter back in 2004 for $470 dollars. A year later we junked the baler and I kept the knotter. Neighbor just broke a knotter frame. I told him I have a complete knotter with less than 2K bales through it. I didnt know how much to ask for the knotter so I looked up a new price. $850 for a new knotter! Now I understand inflation but I also know that there have been a lot on advances in CNC manufacturing that have driven down costs. Inflation is one thing, but double the price in 10 years? Good grief...



Whats the future look like for New Holland/CNH?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire