Thinking about getting larger accumulator

dimanche 11 octobre 2015

Need to get bales in barn faster. Looking for opinions on going from a kuhns 1036f to a 1834, (10 bale flat w/ tie row vs 18 on edge). I deliver most of my hay on 8.5' wide goosenecks and really like the 10 flat with tie for this reason, however I cannot keep up with the baler 10 bales at a time. About 1000 bales per day max and that's leaving 3 trailers loaded to finish the next morning. Grapple tractor is a Case 480 D LL (industrial box blade tractor) with gooseneck hitch on 3 point.

I would much prefer to stack the bales on edge in the barn, and normally do turn first layer on edge by hand with pallets underneath. If I go to the 18 on edge I'm thinking I will do a manual tie on the groups, maybe just every other one. My bales are 36" 48 lb Bermuda.

Some of my customers are almost 50 miles one way, deliver 300 a load. Will the bales on edge be stable enough for interstate speeds, or will I need to turn them flat by hand? I would only need to stack 4 high on edge, currently I'm going 6 high flat with no problem.

Will I need to tie every group for a stable stack in the barn? Currently going 9 high flat, so it would be 7 on edge. Also I tie the top layer by hand on my flat stacks. How well does the tie grabber work? In the videos the tie string doesn't look very tight. Really don't want to spend the money on the tie grabber unless I have to.

I really like my 1036, but I'm about 90% sure the 1834 would suit me even better. Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks!

Thinking about getting larger accumulator

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire