First Baler: NH 650 auto-wrap

samedi 15 octobre 2016

Hey Folks,

 

This is my first time on the forum. I am in need of equipment to bale around 50 acres of hay next year (round bales: bermuda and bahia mix). I have the tractors needed (see screen name), but I need to find a baler, mower, rake and may pick up a tedder. I am trying to keep my expenses as low as possible since this is such a small amount of land. I have a local gentleman interested in selling some older equipment he isn't using. He has a 1995 NH 650 auto-wrap and a Kuhn 7 disc mower he will sell together for $2,500 and he will throw in a transfer fuel tank made from a semi-truck diesel tank. The baler is my main concern, it is in fair condition and has been shelter kept.  

 

This is what I know about the baler: It was baling fine when he last used it, it has been sitting up for two years (scares me), hydraulic hoses are good except for the hook up ends which have about a foot with no rubber left that will need replacing, Four of the belts are okay but two are questionable: they might last for a couple years or they might pop on the first bale so if I do buy the baler I will probably buy two belts to keep in the truck, all of the pickups will need to be replaced- some are broken and some are bent, the chains all seem to be in very good condition and do not have excessive play, one of the belt guides on top of the baler is bent slightly, the baler will have to have two tires and I have no idea how many bales it has baled. 

 

So all together I am looking at having to buy two tires which I plan to buy used if possible, new pickups, a little hose work and two belts which may or may not be used immediately. 

 

The mower is a 7 disc kuhn that has also been sitting up for two years. I would say it is in fair condition as well and don't know the year. I know it has one bad bearing that will have to be replaced before use, but all of the others seem to be okay and the blades were replaced right before it was parked with the bad bearing. The frame seems to be solid, and the tarp is currently in one piece. I really won't know more about it unless I buy it and get it home. 

 

I could spend a little bit more money if I had to, maybe double the asking price of this deal, but that will be about it. I would really prefer to keep this operation on the cheaper end if possible, but I don't want to buy something if it has a track record of being a shop bill and I am not familiar with anything new holland. We don't have a dealer near by, but I would be ordering most of my parts online no matter the brand. I am sure you all already know this, but this baler has the buzzer system not a monitor. I have been assured I will be able to hear it in the cab with the back glass open, but I have never ran a baler like this. 

 

I have searched the forum and read several threads about these balers, but if anyone has any input or knows anything you think I may need to know or should be looking for on this equipment I would greatly appreciate your help. 

 

I am young and at the very beginning stages of building a commercial cow/calf operation from scratch for secondary income. I am trying to do as much as possible out of pocket over the next few years to get established. I want to keep my equipment expenses as low as possible, but I don't want to end up spending more money buying lower end equipment than I would if I just saved longer and spent a little more money to to begin with. 

 

Thanks in advance.



First Baler: NH 650 auto-wrap

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire