Planting delima

samedi 29 octobre 2016

Well we are 12" ++ behind on rain, we haven't had 2" sense June here, very dry....

 

I was going to plant about 4ac into Fescue this fall but things are so dry it won't work, so here I am thinking I could maybe find someone to sprig the field next summer with Bermuda of some sort.. 

 

My problem is I free choice feed round rolls to the horses & cow at the same feeder, I don't believe my horses will do good eating that much Bermuda hay anytime they want... & I really don't want to do that different as it works great...

 

So, without a small sq machine what to do with the Bermuda rolls ???  Not much of a market for hay around here unless ya give it away for 20$ a roll...  

 

I don't really want to leave the field empty next year waiting on maybe planting Fescue and then not being able to like this year...

 

Thoughts on a plan going forward from those that know more please.....

 

I haven't had good luck with planting Fescue late fall with dirt that is powder ...  I haven't plowed the field at all after I nuked the Teff a while back, the dirt turns to powder just driving across the field so no working will be done for some time, at least till a good soaking rain anyway..

 

Thanks fellas....

 

Chris



Planting delima

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire