New Holland BC5050 square baler slip clutch adjustment

lundi 10 octobre 2016

My small square baler, New Holland BC5060, jammed during the end of my last cutting.  I actually got some smoke from the slip clutch but after removing the plug I was able to finish baling.  However, I sense that it might have slipped during some of the heavier hay inputs.  I have a 150 hp tractor on the baler so there is plenty of power to make a clutch slip if not adjusted properly.  I went to the New Holland dealership today and talked to the baler expert.  They didn't have a service/technical manual for the BC5060 baler but he said to just add one turn on each bolt in the slip clutch.  I asked if I installed two new slip discs how would I know how to correctly adjust the bolt tension.  He didn't have an answer.  I could not find any help on the internet yet.  I think I will give the tension bolts one more turn each and see what I get.  I would have expected New Holland to have a procedure where you torque to a specific value or use bolts/springs where you tighten all the way.  Anyone have any experience with adjusting the slip clutch pressure plate or know the correct procedure?  While I'm soliciting help for flywheel slip clutch, does anyone know if there is any adjustments for the pickup and/or auger?  Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

  • DSCN0507.JPG


New Holland BC5050 square baler slip clutch adjustment

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire