Round baler comparison by make

vendredi 21 octobre 2016

I sell small square Bermuda bales to mostly horse customers.  I use mostly John Deere equipment except I have a three year old New Holland square baler that I bought new cheaper than I could a John Deere used 348 square baler.  I have customers who have horses and cattle asking for some round bales as they prefer the quality of my hay.  I make more money on squares but the addition of a round baler would give me more options on sales, convenience, ability to bale hay that has been rained on or degraded to less than horse hay quality.  I'm retired except for my hay sideline so being able to bale rounds and leave them in the field until I got back from pleasure trips would be a big plus.

I have been looking at John Deere 467s, 468s, and a few 469s but the one's I like are all in the $22-30K range as I don't want junk or ones with over 10-12K bales run through them.  A local Kubota dealer has a 2013 New Holland BC-7060 or maybe it 's a 7070 with only 2800 bales, mega wide pickup, twine and edge wrap for about 20K. Said it was a recent trade-in but I don't have the details.  I like the idea of newer model, less bales, etc for a baler at the lower spectrum of my price range.  We have a New Holland dealer within 30 miles with a good baler tech and two John Deere dealership at same distance but I don't know anything about their techs.

 

I have been very pleased with my New Holland small square baler but everyone I know in my area buys only John Deere's and gives them great reviews.  Anyone have experience with New Holland Round Balers?  I won't be doing a lot of round bales compared to my squares , probably less than 400 per year. Would appreciate any reviews or recommendations including helpful options like belt dividers, feeding flares, etc.  This baler will be exclusively baling Bermuda hay so no silage, corn stalks, straw, hay grazer, etc.  Thanks 



Round baler comparison by make

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire