Hayguard Preservative

mardi 18 octobre 2016

Today, John Ashworth representing ISF(Hayguard) came by the farm. He had some information for me about my Hayguard woes of blistering paint. Seems that my mention of Hayguard in my applicator tank having a very strong odor got his attention. He further investigated and found that this was a common thread of folks who were experiencing paint blistering. When you buy Hayguard in the tote or barrel it comes odorless.....I happened to have a partial sealed container and checked it while John was with me and it was odorless. The Hayguard in my applicator tank would knock your sinuses out of your head. 

 

Seems that the culprit was too much oxygen constantly getting into the applicator tank preservative due to the lid venting constantly. This constant oxygen supply causes the properties of Hayguard to change over time and evidently increases the Sulphur strength....which in turn causes the paint blistering. This is why some folks experience blistering of paint and some don't as others may use all their tank mixture in a day or so and then others may have some Hayguard remain in the tank for weeks....absorbing oxygen.

 

John gave me a new lid for my tank that vents only when the pump is turned on....I believe he said it was a Dohrmann lid and it would now be supplied with Dohrmann applicators that were going to use the ISF product.

 

I remember John telling me last year that he was totally bewildered by the paint blistering as not everyone was experiencing this phenomena. This sounds like good news and I am anxious to try out the new tank lid on my applicator. He said that when FarmerCline and myself were having conversation about the applicator odor here on Haytalk that was what got him thinking about our situation and he and the ISF people started exploratory investigation. Hayden, I believe that John said that he was going to pay you a visit next week.

 

I sure hope this solves the problem for everyone that experienced blistering, because I know that Hayguard works well for preserving hay. If anyone would like to contact John with any questions you can reach him at john@isfusa.com.

 

And if you need a new lid that only pulls oxygen when the tank pump is turned on I believe you can get those thru Dohrmann Enterprises.

 

Regards, Mike



Hayguard Preservative

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire