What is the story on Befco Rotary Rakes?

jeudi 13 octobre 2016

This is my first post so I should start with some background.....  First, I would be classed as a hobby farmer, we have a 10 Acre hayfield and may be picking up another 20 acres or so next year.  Both fields are mostly orchard grass and clover.  For the last three years we paid to have the hay cut and baled but it is getting harder and harder to get this done when the field is ready.  This year we kept getting pushed back for almost a month and by the time the field was cut it was mostly stems.  I understand that the farmer has to put his fields first and our little 10 acres isn't much to get excited about.  I have been looking at used balers for the last couple of years and just last week I bought a JD214 in good condition and an old Sicklebar for $550 so now I am looking for a rake.

 

Browsing the second-hand market I noticed that the Befco Rotary rakes are significantly cheaper than any of the other brands I see.  In my area I have a 10 Wheel Befco offered for $850 that I am considering but there is a NH 258 Rollabar for $1200 that looks good as well.  Which would fit my small time operation best?



What is the story on Befco Rotary Rakes?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire