Is Hay A Good Business To Be In?

mardi 31 janvier 2017

I am considering a purchase of 20-25 or so acres here in Texas to hopefully someday build a house on (live in town now with my tractors and toys but things are too crowded, plus i want this land as an investment)

My question is Ive done a lot of things before but never have run a hay operation. I have a ~40 hp tractor and a 30 hp tractor and a flexible working schedule with my day job.

How practical would it be to raise hay on this. How many cuttings could I expect in north/east Texas in a normal year? How hard is it to sell your hay? Should I consider making round bales or squares?

Do i have a chance of actually making money on this? Not looking to get rich, only to cover the cost of equipment, property maintenance/taxes, and a little something for my time. Thanks.



Is Hay A Good Business To Be In?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire