Winch cable question.

vendredi 27 janvier 2017

I have a New Old Stock 2500 pound pull Polaris winch that I am going to mount on the front of the RTV to lift the snow plow with. The winch looks just like a Warn winch, for reference. I need the power cables to be on the left side for convenience in wiring.
I can mount the winch on the front bumper, in the OEM holes for the winch, without the fairlead, IF I can wind the cable on the winch drum the other way.

Can I pull out all the cable and wind it in the other direction without harming the winch? I have never replaced a winch cable on a little winch like this and am not sure how it fastens to the drum.

If I can do this safely, I can get the winch installed much quicker. Come spring I can remove the winch and install the fairlead bracket so the winch will be useful as a winch as well as a 'blade lifter'.

HELP!!



The reason it needs to be reversed is that it it comes over the top of the drum, with the power connections on the driver's side, it will clear everything and work fine for the plow.


Winch cable question.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire