Where To Start

samedi 28 janvier 2017

Ok so we bought our farm about three years ago been haying on shares since we got it.

The guys doing the hay dont want the help take care of the land so going to do it my self so it can sell some of the hay to help pay .

Cant do it on my shares alone and make anything and i like to learn new stuff anyway.

 

 

Here is my problem the land hasn't been limed ,fertilized, or seed for about 15 years while other family owned it.

 

I know i need soil test first but i got to do the rest i steps as i have low budget.

 

So do i lime, fertilize then seed or do i fertilize, lime then seed. Thinking i should seed last after soil is better.

 

What order do you guys think will produce the best results for good quality hay. 

 

Thinking I would like to plant orchard grass and legume mix of some kind.



Where To Start

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire