Mower conditioners.....again

mardi 17 janvier 2017

I'm back to looking at mower conditioners again since the NH 499 I bought this past spring didn't work out as I hoped. This time I am going to buy a disc mower conditioner like I should have done last spring. The JD 946 and MF/Hesston 1383 are still my two favorites but I'm having a hard time deciding which I like better......particularly the cutter bar and conditioning rolls.

Anyone have any experience with the JD tri lobe rolls? Supposedly they are the best for drying alfalfa the quickest but I have read that they don't work well in grass and other crops. I need to get alfalfa dry as quick as possible but I also grow grass and oat hay so I need something that will work in those crops as well. What about the JD v10 steel rolls? The steel rolls in the MF/Hesston look the same as the JD v10 so I assume dry down would be about the same between those two.

Also any opinions on the JD vs Hesston cutter bar? I am pretty sure both use the same cutter bar that is in the self propelled machines. Im kind of particular so getting as clean of a cut as possible is important. I find it interesting that the Hesston uses a cutter bar that each disc turns opposite the next but the JD discs all turn to the center of the machine. What advantage does one have over the other?

Mower conditioners.....again

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire