New Idea 5209 hp requirement

jeudi 26 janvier 2017

I currently use a New Idea 5409 9' 3 pt mower on a JD 2640 (70 pto hp).  I get along fine with that, but it is beginning to wear out.  I like the New Idea gear boxes and have had little trouble with it.

 

I'm considering changing to a carted or pull type mower.  There is a NI 5209 near me for sale and I have heard good things about this mower.  I would like to get a windrower to avoid having to rake, vs a straight mower. 

 

My hay is grass but I have one 20 ac field of new seeding alfalfa, and may convert some others.  I usually have 13-18% humidity during haying season so dry down is usually not a problem.  Uniform dry down is a problem, as light grass drys at a much different rate than the heavy grass.  I'm putting this up in 4x5 rounds - NH BR740

 

All of my neighbors mow/condition/windrow and then bale the windrow directly.  

I usually use a V rake to put the two 9' swaths together.  If fertilized, the hay is usually to heavy to combine, and fit through the back of the V reliably.  I then use an old side delivery which ropes the hay.

 

Is my 70 hp JD enough to run a disc mower and the rubber roller conditioner?

Should I consider a Kuhn flail type instead? That would have less of a horsepower requirement?

Any other thoughts or suggestions for my mow rake system?

 

thanks!

 

 



New Idea 5209 hp requirement

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire