BH-2 or something else?

mercredi 25 janvier 2017

Well folks it is time to up my game on moisture testing. MY Delmhorst F-2000 as been doing OK seance I got it a few years back, but I keep having to send it in each year for a switch issue. Instead of one reading it cycles through everything when you push the button. The big reason is climbing on and off the tractor all the time. I want one to mount in the baler to check (give me an indication) as I go.

 

I am baling grass hay with a bit of alfalfa and clover mixed in, I do not have a conditioner. Hay is cut with a IH 1300 mower or Kuhn PZ170 drum mower. I have a tedder and rake, so can get a pretty good dry down - usually 3 to 5 days in Colorado. I try and bale on the dry side (12%) to eliminate any chance of mold. All my hay is for horses.

 

It appears the BH-2 is highly recommended. Are there others I should look at? I have a Hesston 4550 baler (inline). The BH-2 folks say to mount to the sides of the bale chamber (uncut sides of bale). Others have said top and bottom rail to read one cut side. Lots of information in the searches I made. What does the real world say? Also instruction I have been reading say to place the sensors vertically, however I have seen many mounted at a 45 degree angle. Don't understand this. If you have an inline, can you post pictures of how you mounted yours?

 

My tractor is a Bobcat CT 235, I have 12V power at the rear and dash available, but want a temp mount system so I can remove when not in use. Any ideas on how to do this. Hood is metal - dash plastic. I could mount it to the ROPS. Any Ideas and pictures would help.

 

Thanks everyone

Keith

 

PS - Do folks have recommendation where to buy.



BH-2 or something else?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire