Small Square Bale Tension Adjustment question

mercredi 25 janvier 2017

New to making hay here, spent a lot of time bucking bales when I was young but I never saw the baler being adjusted.  On my old John Deere (and most other small square balers I’ve seen) it looks like there are two adjustments that affect the bale tension.  There is a plate on the top of the chute and a pair of wings on the sides. When I baled last fall I initially had the tension too tight and ended up with broken knots.  After I loosened things up the knotter ran fine but my bales could be a touch tighter and there is a noticeable “ripple” down the sides of the bale.  Is there anything about the bale that I should look for to determine if the top adjustment is too tight or loose or if the side adjustments need to change?



Small Square Bale Tension Adjustment question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire