Turning heavy stand of alfalfa into new seedbed

vendredi 20 janvier 2017

Last nov I plowed under about 10ac of alfalfa that was too dormant to spray kill.
I need to expand my strawberry plant nursery some and would rather not move to another field that's on a different irrigation system and set aside for the 2018 crop. It was plowed and left turned up without any discing. To be able to fumigate in time for a spring nursery crop it will have to be worked up really well and the roots will have to be cut up well enough for the fumigation shanks to move thru the soil without having the long roots wrapping around them. My custom applicator probably wouldn't touch it if I told him it wasn't worked up several months earlier. I'll only have about two weeks to work on it in April before fumigation time. I've made this work before with a lot of discing but the stand wasn't as heavy.
Is this possible? I'm going to have a go at it as soon as it thaws but will be looking for plan B.

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_6127.JPG


Turning heavy stand of alfalfa into new seedbed

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire