Coated seed

samedi 23 septembre 2017

Just went and picked up my order of seed yesterday and I discovered the orchard grass and birdsfoot trefoil seed I ordered was coated. I wasn't very happy about that as I didn't order enough seed since it was coated. I never even thought about the orchard grass being coated. The orchard was 46% pure seed and the trefoil was 64% pure seed. They had some additional orchard on hand so I got some extra but the trefoil would have to be ordered.

My question is with coated seed do I still need to plant the full seeding rate of live seed? With the orchard I would need to plant twice the amount I was planning on to get the same amount of live seed per acre. What is everyone's experience with coated seed and adjusting the seeding rate?

Hayden

Coated seed

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire