overheating!

mardi 19 septembre 2017

My RTV 1100 is overheating. I had routine maintenance done at the dealer's and then it sat in the garage for a long time. Last Saturday when I went dove hunting it overheated. I noticed when I lifted the hood that there was a strong smell... of mice. Could mice have made a nest somewhere in the cooling system? The front radiators were both hot, so the coolant must be circulating. I looked for the fan but didn't see it. Could it be in that enclosure behind the radiators? I checked the air filter and it's clean--no mice there. The radiators are all plumb full, even the one on the side. By the way, I wasn't the only one that noticed the smell of mice. When I opened the door there was a good-sized rat snake coiled on the driver's seat. He jumped out with little persuasion necessary. I don't mind having him in the garage...
I am not mechanically inclined. How hard is it to remove (and to replace afterwards) that pan that I think encloses the fan? I would like to take the whole dang thing to the dealer, but I don't have a trailer wide enough to load the RTV on and every time I need to borrow one from a friend. But he's using it to move to a different location.


overheating!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire