Questions on custom rate charges for hay baling.

mercredi 13 septembre 2017

My dad and I are kicking around the idea of getting into customer small square and round baling work in our area.  I'm using the custom rate charts that PA posted for 2016 as my baseline and have created a spreadsheet to combine the different operations (mowing, raking, baling) and have added in pickup/stacking as well.  During this, I came up with a couple questions.

 

1) How much for moving round bales?  I'm not sure if I want to just move them to the edge of the field, to their barn or offer the options at two different costs.  Any opinions of this?

 

2) How much for picking up and stacking small squares with my stacker wagon?  At this point I'm going with $0.50 per bale, but I have nothing to base this on other than my gut (it's the number my dad picked, too).  I would limit my work to setting the load off at their barn with no manual labor on my part... they would be in charge of getting the hay into their barn unless it was a situation where I could back in and set the stack off.  Also, I wouldn't pick the bales up with my wagon unless I had done the baling.

 

3) What to charge for moving bales with my bale grab?  I haven't even come up with a price for this yet, but was thinking this may be more of a per hour charge than per bale.

 

4) Should I have different rates for 1st cutting versus 2nd or later cuttings?  My spreadsheet adjusts everything to a per acre charge by assuming a minimum number bales per acre.  However, I've typically seen my lower per acre averages for 2nd and later cuttings.

 

I'm sure I've missed at least one question, but this is a start.  I look forward to your responses and thank you in advance.

 

- Josh



Questions on custom rate charges for hay baling.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire