Glyphosate killed RoundUp Ready alfalfa

jeudi 24 mai 2018

I have a tiny field, about five acres, planted in RoundUp Ready alfalfa. This field is getting old. It was planted about 7 or 8 years ago. It sits in an area of my farm that sometimes I just plain and simple forget about. I had my sprayer hooked up and sprayed glyphosate 41% on my fields last year and I simply forgot to spray this tiny field. I irrigated and cut and baled hay from this field and it was a little weedy, but not too bad. This spring I made sure to spray that tiny field with generic RoundUp. Prior to spraying there was grass mixed in with the alfalfa. I went back to check the field and I was shocked to see most of my alfalfa was every bit as dead as the grass. It was brown and crispy. Any thoughts? 

 

I use only one particular tank for glyphosate.. I do not want to have something else (say 2,4d) inadvertently mixed in and improperly rinsed. On our farm I am the only one to spray or mix chemicals in the tank.



Glyphosate killed RoundUp Ready alfalfa

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire