Agratronix BHT-2 vs Hand Held- Inconsistant Results

mercredi 30 mai 2018

Late last year I installed a BHT-2 moisture meter in my round baler. I didn't have much time to test it out last year. I used it once.  It calibrates correctly and everything appears correct. I baled this weekend with it in hay that was to be wrapped. My gut says hay was 40-60%. Meter showed a few spots at 30% but most of the time it showed 20-25% moisture. Some even showed "Low" which is think is below 14.5%. I knew there was no way this was accurate so I grabbed my handheld Agratronix and probed a bale. Showed on the handheld 45% which is max it will read. Chances are it was more than 45%.

So how can two probes be that far off? The only thing I can think of is the baler unit really doesn't work well on high moisture and is better at the 14-20% range and doesn't accurately display high moisture levels...

Anybody using the BHT-2 for baleage? Does it work?

 



Agratronix BHT-2 vs Hand Held- Inconsistant Results

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire