Interseeding alfalfa under corn

mardi 8 mai 2018

I read this article with great interest:

 

https://www.progressiveforage.com/forage-types/alfalfa/workable-and-profitable-corn-interseeded-alfalfa-production-systems?utm_source=E-newsletters&utm_campaign=e2da918d01-050818_PF_Extra&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ce73e33a7d-e2da918d01-87098881

 

I have interseeded orchard grass under wheat (80% planting rate) and love it!  Effectively, I got three crops the first year.  First, wheat, wheat straw and a cattle grade cutting of orchard grass.  That was one of my more profitable yields.

 

I have also planted corn after alfalfa with good success.  The alfalfa loosens the soil and gives a little extra kick of N.

 

Ralph

 

 

 



Interseeding alfalfa under corn

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire