RTV floorboard preventative maintenance

vendredi 4 septembre 2015

Hello all, I thought I'd share some photos of some of the work I did to prolong the life of the floor in the front of my RTV1140.

This is a 2009 RTV1140 I bought used in 2014. It currently has about 860 hours.

I removed the rubber mat, plastic and seat from the front. I used an angle grinder with wire wheel attachment to remove the loose paint and clean up the surface. I then used POR Metal Ready zinc-phosphate coating, rinsed, then applied POR 15 with a brush. I then sprayed with Kubota gray semi-gloss.

I also did the same to the underside of the floor on both sides of the front cab area, but did not apply the Kubota gray.

The plastic fasteners that hold the mat down are approx. $1.40/piece from Kubota. I ended up getting some universal ones from Advance Auto for about $.72/piece. They fit fine. I also replaced the hex bolts that hold the plastic in place on and around the floor with stainess and applied anti-sieze to make it easier to remove them next time (had to drill the heads off, use heat and vise grips to get some of them out this time).

Next year, perhaps I'll take up the mat for the back seat and see how that looks. I didn't want to keep the unit out of service any longer!

A bit of work for something that no one will ever see with the mat on, but I think it will stretch out the lifespan of that thin floor.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0522.jpg (57.4 KB)
File Type: jpg IMG_0528.jpg (53.7 KB)
File Type: jpg IMG_0536.jpg (51.3 KB)
File Type: jpg IMG_0537.jpg (53.7 KB)


RTV floorboard preventative maintenance

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire