What is the best way to make dry Hay?

dimanche 14 février 2016

There are members all over the US and Canada. With all different conditions. So this topic should get nailed down pretty good.

I need help figuring out what is the best way and fastest way to make nice green dry hay without adding any preservatives.

What machines used and the timing of each operation.

Seems like the rotary tedders are the favorable type of tedder to use. Then I read to tedd 3 to 4 hours after cutting or the next morning right after the dew burns off.
Also looking for methods of less leaf loss and the highest quality hay. I seen I think it was Georgia state has a contest every year on the best quality hay contest. Was it from U-tube that I seen this?????
On lets say we have these conditions to work with!

The day before we have a slow soaking rain all day, let’s say 2 inch. The next 4 days will be nice and sunny with the 3 day patchy cloud cover with gusts of only 5 miles an hour. Day four clouds clearing after 11.00 AM. With full sunshine and light breeze.

I like to set it up so I don’t drive on hay, as little as possible. Headlands always get it as everyone knows. I like to leave open ground in between windrows. So when I rake it has dry ground.

That’s what don’t make sense to me with tedding only hours after cutting. The ground never gets a chance to dry out as much as if left open in between wind rows.
It will be a relief to get come answers to clear this up from the guys with years of making hay and fighting the unknown! ( the weather )

What is the best way to make dry Hay?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire