468 square Baler - Deere - Intermediate knotter gear help

dimanche 6 mars 2016

I need help again. i replaced the needle frame and as i was tuning, I noticed that the first tooth on the left knotter's intermediate gear is not there. The manual doesn't explain how to remove the knotter shaft on late series balers (just the knotter assy., which bolts onto the shaft).   FYI - late model where needle brake is on side of bale chamber, not inside knotter area. 

 

I assume I just need to slide the shaft to the left to slide off the intermediate gears on the right side.   There's a bearing locking collar with a allen set screw next to the leftmost bearing.  I removed set screw but the collar won't move.  There's a smaller hole in the collar but it seems to dead end - no allen socket.  Could there be a smaller set screw that someone started to drill out?   



468 square Baler - Deere - Intermediate knotter gear help

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire