X 1120 D Overheated

mercredi 5 octobre 2016

This past Sunday, I was riding to check my trail cameras, and my overheat alarm sounded. I immediately killed engine, turned key to on position, and fan ran as it should. I let machine sit with fan running while I inspected all hoses, and fluid levels. I could not locate an issue other than water reservoir was just a hair above low line (and im guessing that was only because of overheating and evaporation). It took approximately 10 minutes for engine to cool to normal operating temps (between 2 and 3 bars on digital screen). I was able to ride it out of woods and down county road 3 miles back to camp at full throttle without anymore overheating. I loaded up machine and took it home, where I again checked all fluid levels, topped off reservoir with water (only held about 8 oz), cleaned radiator and screen. I then rode machine in low at wide open throttle, for approximately half an hour, and operating temps held at 2 bars (normal operating temp). I'm pretty stumped as to what caused this, unless the thermostat just simply stuck for a brief period of time. I only have 80 hours on machine and have had no other issues. Anyone else with similar experiences, or suggestions as to what caused this?


X 1120 D Overheated

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire