Baler rpm

dimanche 1 janvier 2017

I've been baling small square bales for years so I have a pretty good handle on how to make and good bale in most hay and weather conditions.  Just added a New Holland BR 7060 round baler to the fleet as some of my horse hay customers want to buy some round bales.  I have had some discussions with round baler operators who have indicated they don't run the baler at the 540 rpm dictated by most balers I have used.  I don't always run 540 rpm on the square baler but it is with 20-40 rpm's of that speed.  For all you round baler experts, what is a good rule of thumb to use for various hay and weather conditions?  I don't have a horsepower issue as my baler tractors are mostly around 140-150 hp and the spare tractor is around 80 hp.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  Second question is:  I've set my baler pressure at around 1200 psi.....what is the rule of thumb for different pressure settings.  Thanks and wishing everyone a prosperous and safe hay season in 2017.  Looks like I may have some leftover hay for the first ever unless we have a brutal late winter and consumption goes up dramatically...not necessarily a bad thing but I like to have everything sold by the end of Feb so we can travel in the coach. 



Baler rpm

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire