5 acre homestead in Ohio

lundi 11 septembre 2017

Hi Everyone -

I recently purchased a flat 5 acre parcel that is currently being farmed in central ohio. No trees. We are building our home 250 feet from the country road and will have a gravel drive for the next several years.

I plan to mow as much as 3.5 acres with an acre of wildflowers/prairie grass planted on an acre and the half acre pond taking up the rest of it. And we'll keep a small garden.

The only tractor experience I have is on a riding lawn mower. I hear one of two things. 1.) Get a sub-compact tractor with front end loader, mowing deck and snow blade. or 2.) get a zero turn and a quad with snow blade.

My concerns are 1.) if I can mow the 3.5 acres in an 1.5 hours I don't want to prolong the mowing to 3 hour by making the wrong machine selection, 2.) how much am I really going to use a front end loader? 3.) How effective is a sub-compact tractor going to be at snow removal?

I'm figuring a budget in the $10k-$15k range, regardless of sub-compact or zero turn w/ a used quad.

So which machine serves me best knowing that I have a 5 acre flat plot to maintain that is currently being farmed?

Thanks in advance!


5 acre homestead in Ohio

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire