Alfalfa Advice

lundi 16 octobre 2017

I planted a small patch (3 acres) of alfalfa this spring, the stand was planted pure, at around 20lbs to the acre, drilled on 7.5" rows. the stand has been slow all year, but mainly because the lime was added late due to rain early on and last fall. either way the stand had some grass which was just cut along with the two cuttings I have done so far, but has finally been taken care of now. the stand currently is pretty good with some spotty acres, but averaging 6 to 8 inches tall around, I have decided to not take a third cutting as the weather is starting to cool down some here in MD and I am not sure I will have time for proper regrowth before frost, my main question is, with what I've taken off it in hay, which has averaged around 100-120 sq. bales per acre, 2 cuttings, and average bale weight of 45-50 lbs. What would be the best fertilizer I can apply now before winter comes. this time of year we get some good rains here in MD. also prior to planting 400lbs to the acre was added of 5-10-30 and around July after 1st cut 100lbs of N was added before a good soaking rain. the stand has been sprayed with 2-4-db and select to make it pure.

thanks.



Alfalfa Advice

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire