Plain old field mowing

lundi 30 octobre 2017

A guy requested a quote from me to Bush Hog roughly 8-10 acres. He was looking at buying the land from his in-laws and said it was great grass for horses. I said I don't like quoting things sight unseen but threw out $1500 depending on lay out of land and what was there (short, tall, weeds, saplings, rocks, you get the gist). He accused me of highway robbery, that it was just gouging. He got a quote from the guy who was mowing it for his in laws and 3 other guys. All were $2000 plus. He apologized and I explained travel, fuel, time, and wear and tear on my equipment, risking things like a punctured tire or mangled mower from hidden treasures they forgot about. I then found out the whole place was broom straw and I told him that wasn't good grass for anything and would take even longer to mow. Told him to light a match to it. He has since realized that I wasn't trying to take advantage of him. I think I under priced myself, $500 is healthy change.

What are your current rates?

Plain old field mowing

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire