RTV X1100C Speedometer issue

mardi 17 octobre 2017

I have a second hand RTV X1100c (2015) that is always showing a 0 (zero) for speed and the mileage meter is no longer increasing. Everything else on the assembly meter works fine. Hour meter works fine. When I got it, it was working fine but just started acting funny and now just shows 0.

I checked the connector at the sending unit mounted on the side of the engine and it showed 12.5 volts on terminal 1 and 4.8 volts on terminal 2 (the middle one) which were according to the specs in the shop manual. I replaced the sending unit but that made no change.

So I assumed it must be the assembly meter located on the dash. I borrowed a used one from a dealer and found the same issue. He said it was from a waranteed work done from another RTV.

Either the meter needs to be replaced or there is some other gremlin messing with me.

Before I spend $250 to $300 on a new meter (which I can't return) I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how did you solve it?

I know this is long and appreciate and help.

NC Retiree


RTV X1100C Speedometer issue

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire