Cutting height -1st vs 2nd cutting

mardi 26 juin 2018

So after learning a great deal about cutting height from the thread on here and then reading some articles, I'm wondering if second cutting should be any different than 1st cutting? Since it's typically hotter and drier when we cut the second time, I'm thinking we should cut at least as high the second time through? We cut all our fields twice, and 3 times if conditions allow(about 100 acres, all orchard grass or orchard/Timothy mix). After what I learned on here, I installed the high shoes on the discbine, and went from the factory setting of 1 1/2", up to 3". I didn't want to go too extreme at once for fear of giving my pop a heart attack..........but can still change the cutting angle a little bit to bring it up to roughly 3 1/2". I'll check, but I don't think I can get 4" out of my discbine. Really appreciate all the advice from the last thread!

Cutting height -1st vs 2nd cutting

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire