Smoothing out patures

dimanche 10 juin 2018

Alot of my pastures and hay fields are getting rougher and rougher. 5mph hurts the body. Hogs are the main culprit. I have been looking at chain harrows, folding spike harrows, and even a kelly smoother.

Cheapest is the chain harrows 12' pull type for 1200$ can be pulled 3 differnt ways. Probably best behind a disc.

Then i see these batwing spike harrows, same concept but seems like it would be more aggressive.

Then I have seen this.
https://youtu.be/lVoGNTPdM18

Looking for 1 pass deal and I know it may not do a perfect job on one pass but if i used it once a year over a few years it would get better?

Alot of people in my area disc and drag a harrow each year in late winter to early spring. Great idea but if you dont get a rain can be bad. I assume pulling a chain harrow on most agressive setting doesnt work that well or everyone around me would be doing it as its only 1200$.

What is a good cheaper disc in the 12-14 foot width that cuts well into pastures and still levels good. Seen a krause 14' offset disc that wasnt too agressive.
http://m.wattsatth.com/List/Tractor/ForSale/22843803

Or how does a deere bw or bwa disc do and does it leave it pretty smooth?

I hear people talk about 18 wheeler tires and making a drag out of them but i am pretty sure that isnt going to do much. Seems once a hog roots up coastal then the coastal grows in that spot a while it kinda locks it in.

Smoothing out patures

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire