Vermeer 6640 lemon-help!!

mercredi 20 juin 2018

Ok I hate to start of as a new forum member this way but I need some help. I have had a lot of problems with a Vermeer 6640 baler. Last year I bought a new 7040 disc mower and a “new” 6640 baler from my local Vermeer dealer here in Kentucky. I put new in qoutation marks because I was told by the dealer that this was a new baler that he used as a demo unit. After we shook hands in the deal I found out its a 2014 model. That left a bad taste in my mouth but I figured well, a demo unit will have the kinks worked out. Well, I couldnt have been more wrong.

I have spent a lot of time working on this baler, trying to get it to work. It plugs. The netwrap rips, either on an edge or leavesrips around the bale. The bale shape/size wont stay calibrated. Sometimes it wont wrap at all, with no warning an if the light isnt such that I can see in there I end up ejecting an unwrapped bale. Sometimes the net goes around the rollers instead of the bale. If the hay is heavy at all, It plugs, even though it is supposed to have the “silage kit.” Lol, good luck with silage.

My dealer has been out several times last year. I thought we had it lined out when I finally got 20 or so good bales in a row last year! But when I started haying this year all the same old tricks it pulls came back. I couldnt spend any more time and lost productivity on this machine so I went and bought a new John Deere 460m silage special. I rolled my first cutting without having to get off the tractor..worked perfectly from bale one.

If anyone has a contact at Vermeer to help me get them to buy back this 6640 Id appreciate it. It has cost me money and time. I am reasonable, and would be willing to accept less than what I paid based on bale count but I got a lemon and that isnt right. All they want to do is continue to try and fix it,. Thanks in advance.

Vermeer 6640 lemon-help!!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire