Vermeer 554XL - net knife and other questions

mardi 26 juin 2018

New to me..and I'm new to round balers, always made small squares before now. 

 

 

I've got the net knife out, I'm not sure if it's been sharpened before.  The bevel edge is rough with file marks and very dull, I rolled a dozen miserable bales and gave up, net failed to cut half the time and would keep feeding on the bale but more than not it rolled itself up on the rollers.  I watched it carefully or I would have rolled an entire roll of new net wrap on one bale so I was quick on the PTO to quit the bale rolling up all the net.    

 

My question is do I want this knife to be polished shiny and extremely smooth razor edge? or is it suppose to be a grabby sharp edge?  it appears to be a grabby edge from the last sharpening (or factory) if it wasn't sharpened.   



Vermeer 554XL - net knife and other questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire