New Holland 275 Baler Knotting Problems

dimanche 17 juin 2018

I have a 275 New Holland Baler - it was starting to miss quite a bales using sisal twine and missed a lot more on plastic twine. I decided to overhaul the knotters. Did the following

 

  • I installed new bolted twine knifes
  • new twine holder springs
  • new brass rollers on twine knife arms
  • replace twine box tension plates
  • set twine disc timing 
  • adjusted twine fingers 
  • adjusted knife arm to bill hook clearance (slightly rubbing)

I loaded with 9000 ft plastic twine and did the first baling of the year last week - I baled about 60 bales with no misses and then it started to miss but always on the left side ( side opposite the twine box) It gradually got worse over the next 100 bales to the point where it was missing a bale about every 5 or 6 bales on the left side. I switched back to sisal on the left side and it didnt miss another bale for the rest of the field - abut another 300 bales.

 

The string in the left knotter that was missing did not have a knot on either end of the string ?

 

Before the next baling i rechecked the adjustments - coiuldn't see anything that look out of adjustment or differnet from the right side that was working well. I checked the twine box tension with a fish scale - had less than a pound with plastic twine - tried to set to 3 to 4 pounds but I had to tighten it where there spring was fully compressed to get to close to 3 pounds and then it was so tight the the knots in the string where the balls were joined would not pull through the tension plates. I had to bck off a little till there was enough movement in the top plate to let a knot pass.

 

Tired baling again yesterday 2 new rolls of 9000 ft pastic twine installed - same problem - left knotter was missing frequently - I had read in one forum to try reducing the twine holder tension if there was no knot on both ends of the twine - I loosened the bolt 1/4 turn at a time - after half a turn looser it was a little better but still missing every 10 or 12 bales. At this point it was getting late in the day and had to finish baling so I switched back to sisal on the left side. Baled 400 bales after the switch to sisal and it only missed one knot on the left side with sisal and one on the right side with the plastic twine.

 

I am going to try and borrow a go pro style camera and mount on the left knotter are so I can try and see what is happening

Gary

 

I am not sure what to try next. Appreciate if anyone has any suggestions on what parts may be faulty or other adjustments that I might have to make. 

 

thanks



New Holland 275 Baler Knotting Problems

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire