Liability Insurance

lundi 27 juillet 2015

I have two parallel side businesses that my insurance agent cant seam to help me get insured adequately.

 

-One is my farming, that is fairly straight forward. Farm policy with the usual equipment, building and liability coverage.  

 

-In addition to the farming I buy and sell some used equipment. Mostly skidsteers but also some other equipment. I do this on the side, when I have spare time. Although I make money jockeying the equipment its just a sideline enterprise. I work on the equipment on the farm, use it on the farm, then sell it from the farm. I wanted to just add some additional coverage to my farm policy. Agent says no, we need a separate commercial policy. Commercial policy wouldn't be through same company. Now if I have an claim at the farm I would have two different insurance companies pointing the finger at the other. Additionally since its two separate policies I have a good bit of additional cost.

 

Has anyone else run into this? I cant be the only one. I know a lot of farmers that also buy/sell for additional income.  Any ideas?



Liability Insurance

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire