New Hay Farmer - NJ

mercredi 22 juillet 2015

I have been reading posts here for a while now but things have finally moved forward with my Farm and if all goes well I should close on 43 acres (~20 Tillable) and a 20 acre tillable lease around the new year. 

 

I am new to farming and new to Hay.  The farm and land is currently in Alfalfa with some orchard grass but is due to be replanted (Actually was this year).  I have tons of questions.  When to plant, what to plant, how to best prep the fields and sow the seeds, what size tractor,  and all the other newbie stuff.  I know all of these have been asked and answered in some way on this web site and I am searching the forum and getting lots of great info.  Thank you.

 

I will be getting some equipment with the farm but will likely need a tractor and a baler. 

 

I'll take any help or advice I can get and would love to hear from some folks in my neck of the woods (SNJ).

 

Thanks again and I am excited to be joining your community.

 



New Hay Farmer - NJ

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire