Oliver 620 baler problems

dimanche 26 juillet 2015

I just joined this forum and I apologize for jumping to ask for help right off the bat. But I'm in a jam and need help.

I have an oliver 620 baler. This spring I took the knotters all apart and got them working. Baled 50 or 60 some bales and it worked perfect. Friday evening I was baling and the baler jammed up (to much hay) so I backed it off and the dogs? Clicked. I unjammed it and kept baling.

A while after that the baler jumped out of time. Took it back up and re timed it. Saturday I started baling again and the knotters weren't working correctly. I believe they are out of adjustment. What was odd is that there were like 5 knots on the bill hook that didn't slide off. This happened later in the day as well. Now the knotters miss a bale after every 6 or 8. Can anyone point me in the right direction with this problem? I'm going to blow them off with air tomorrow before I start baling and try to adjust them again.

My other problem is that the plunger knife is dull and after I finish this field tomorrow I will sharpen it. But when I shut the baler off and then go to turn it on again the slip clutch in the flywheel spins. The flywheel doesn't. It's only the slip clutch. Is the clutch going bad or need adjustment? I don't have a spring scale to test it like the book says so if anyone has any other ways I could test it please let me know. A few times I would be able to turn the baler on and while just the slip clutch is spinning I would grab the flywheel and spin it and then the baler would start working again. Any help here?

It also jams up alot easier now than in the past years I've used it. I think it may be because of the slip clutch or the dull plunger knife. I need to fix this baler as soon as possible so if anyone can help please do. I'm also only 15 and the only one on the farm that knows how to work on the baler so if I'm doing something wrong please point me in the right direction. Thanks

Oliver 620 baler problems

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire