Giving up on my gehl 1475, what to replace with?

vendredi 31 juillet 2015

My gehl 1475 has finally bled me dry. Bought it in VT for $2k 3 years ago as a parts baler. New belts, chains, pickup teeth, strippers, a couple bearings and the main belt drive roller machined, welded and rebearinged (is that a word?).

It's been one thing after another though. The computer never has worked, so I've used a double pole double throw switch to run the tie arm manually. I use a piece of twine with a weight on it that rides one of the guard bars on the front on the baler to tell how big the bale is.

Overall, I like the baler, its fairly easy to work on, but its obviously wore out. I'm looking for advice. I do 250-300 4' silage bales per year. I've got a lead on another 1475 that's running and going. Part of me says go buy that, use mine for parts. The other part of me says run, run far away. Buy some other brand with better support. Looking to spend 8-10k, +-. Suggestions?

Giving up on my gehl 1475, what to replace with?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire