Adding to the Flock

lundi 25 avril 2016

I know for many of you out west increasing a flock size by 150 sheep is not a lot, but here in New England it is. I am running into the issue of finding a ranch willing to sell 150 breeding stock ewes. I tried a few ranches that had 3000 plus sheep or so, but so far all I can get is 30 or so sheep. My standards are low as I am a commercial flock, but I hoped to make a single run out west and grab as many ewes as I could in one stop instead of making a 7 ranch stops for the same number of sheep.

 

Corriedales

Montadales

Hampshires

 

I have not had much luck with Suffolk unfortunately, but I don't need anything registered of course, 1-6 years old...as I said, rather low standards.

 

Anyone have some ideas on how to find a ranch willing to sell some sheep?



Adding to the Flock

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire