Deer and Dove Plots Beside Hayfields?????

lundi 18 avril 2016

The acreage I cut for hay is family property.  I'm the hay guy, my brother is into timber and hunting camp activities, trails, tree stands and food plots for deer and doves.

 

This year, he is going to plant some of these next to my hay fields and maybe one in the middle of a field.

 

To keep the peace - I'm fine with it, but have some concerns.

 

I read somewhere that foxtail is an excellent dove forage plant.  Really don't want that stuff in or next to my hay fields.

 

Other potential plot plants are Carolina Geranium, Fall Panicum, Milo, Millet, Sunflowers and Buckwheat.

 

Of these varieties - do any cause you concern if they were in or near your hay field?

 

Millet kind of sounded interesting to me - I read about Millet hay frequently, but in my brother's case, I'm sure he's interested in it going to seed.  Not sure of any hay potential????

 

We are going to meet and discuss these food plots - any seeding recommendations that would square with timothy or orchard grass or alfalfa or teff grass hay pure stands?

 

Perhaps there is a plot seed variety that would be beneficial to both of us.

 

Any advice/recommendations are much appreciated.

 

Thanks,

Bill



Deer and Dove Plots Beside Hayfields?????

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire