Got myself an old baler to play with

vendredi 29 avril 2016

Well, I finally found what I thought was a decent deal on an old baler. Paid $150 a IH 46 from a local guy, was barn kept it's whole life until two years ago, where it was under a tree. It hasn't been used in about ten years, but was used and well kept before it was parked. Everything is there, everything moves, but it needs some work.

I plan to replace the chains, belt, some springs, grease everything and check the timing prior to hooking it up to PTO. The pickup teeth should be replaced, and I need to spend some time cleaning things up/lubing. Otherwise, I think it'll be a decent baler. Dogs are in good shape, needles look great, knotter assemblies look in tact and fairly clean, and there is no bad rust anywhere on it. I have the operators manual on the way, so I look forward to that read.

It's not pretty, but pressure washers and paint do amazing things! I'll be bringing it home this tomorrow, and can't wait to dive in. Worse case; it'll be a great introduction to balers for me, and I'll hopefully get some good life out of it.

 

Chris

 

IH%2046%20Baler_zpswa2n8cng.jpg

 

 

IH%2046%20baler%202_zpsapyitrku.jpg



Got myself an old baler to play with

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire