Just getting started

jeudi 21 avril 2016

So this next coming season I have roughly 55 acres I'm going to be growing hay on. The reason I am waiting till next year is due to the fact my equipment list is quite small right now. My main question right now is more of a this or that kind of deal. So one thing I'm looking at right now is a massey Ferguson 420 and a mf pt 10. The 420 is one that an old farmer is willing to sell me, good looking, running machine and the only thing I know of that is wrong with it is the speed select is froze up, so it's top speed is about 2.5 or 3mph witch is no big deal because it comes with a trailer. Does anyone have any experience with one of these that could tell me the pros and cons of it? The pt 10 is at a local auction I don't know much about the mechanic but I know it's the later model version. My next question is on a tractor, as of right now I have a 1954 massey Harris 44 special. The only issue I have with it is the pro placement but I already have a baler adapted to work with it. I have the chance to buy a massey Ferguson 65 from the same guy with the 420 but the tractor has 20xxx hours on it. (Has been used as a pump tractor for years) so my question is should I go for the 65 or just see if the old gasser will do what I ask of it.
Thanks for reading!

Just getting started

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire