Setting NH discbine rollers correctly

vendredi 22 avril 2016

Question for you guys running NH discbines with rollers. Been a long time since I have run a roller machine and I honestly can't remember how we set the old 411 discbine and 489 haybines compared to the newer models.

 

Just traded on a new H7230 and finally got around to looking it over the other day. Seems like the roll gap was set really far apart and not the same distance on both sides - 1/2" on one end and 1/4" on the other. The manual says they should be between 1/64" and a max of 1/8". So this is what I adjusted them down to.  

 

But was talking with the dealer today and was told that was way too close and I should keep them at a minimum of 1/4" for grass hay (I mainly have grass hay). So which is right, the dealer or the manual?

 

Also, it seems to me like the roll timing is slightly off because the book says the ridge of one roll should be pretty much in the middle of the valley of the other roller. On mine it is offset - not quite touching on the one side but close (see attached pics). I asked the dealer about this and was told this was no issue and didn't need to be adjusted. What do you all think?

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_1317.JPG
  • IMG_1319.JPG


Setting NH discbine rollers correctly

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire